Conducted by James Thomas
The course is designed and taught by James Thomas who worked at Masaryk University, Brno for 20 years. He mainly works now as a freelance teacher trainer for CA Institute, NILE, and the British Council and writes and publishes language teaching books. See here: http://bit.ly/jamesthomas
Who is it for?
If English is not your primary language and you are a university teacher or university student working professionally in English. This course is for you if your English is good, but you have to deal with a lot of vocabulary, known, half-known and unknown.
The following topics are integrated throughout the course:
- Types of academic vocabulary
- About terminology
- The use of vocabulary in texts
- Relationships between words
- Functional language for signposting
- How to work with prepositions
- Finding patterns in vocabulary usage
- Useful software for studying academic language
- Ways of storing and revising vocabulary
More details about this course, see here http://bit.ly/acvocab-ca
12 WEEKS – 2 HOURS PER WEEK
Dates and times will be negotiated with applicants.
(Minimum of 3 students to open course)
50 minutes each
24 lessons for only 6,960 CZK