Teacher Training – TEFL/TESOL 180
Welcome to CA Institute’s Teacher Training TEFL/TESOL 180-hour Certification Course. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality of teacher training possible. This philosophy is rooted in the belief that flexible schedules, affordable instruction from the best instructors, and excellent staff support from registration to certification is what leads to every students’ success.
CA Institute is an accredited member of Eaquals and you can be assured that you will receive quality teacher training. With our TEFL/TESOL course you get 150 hours of coursework (face-to-face and self-study) and 30 hours of practicum where you learn techniques for handling a classroom of very young learners all the way up to third agers, from A1 to C1 CEFR levels.
Our TEFL/TESOL certification course is designed for candidates with little or no previous English language teaching experience. It is also taken by candidates with some teaching experience who have received little practical teacher training and by those who want to stay up to date with trends in the world of language teaching.
Our candidates must have English language skills equivalent to at least a B2+ of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Although we suggest also having a Bachelor’s degree, it is not completely necessary.
CA Institute’s Teacher Training TEFL/TESOL 180-hour Certification Course:
- We are the authors of the textbooks used in the TEFL/TESOL certification course.
- The teachers have over 20 years experience in EFL teaching, teacher training, materials writing, conference speaking, and managing.
- We are situated right in the heart of Europe. Brno is the perfect location to get your teaching career started or to even continue with it. The teaching market is not as saturated as Prague or Paris or Madrid. Brno is cheaper than the major cities and home to the most universities in the country.
180 total hours
150 hours – coursework
30 hours – practicum (10 hours – mentor teacher observation; 10 hours – peer teacher observation; 10 hours – practice teaching)
Theme 1: Language Learning Environments and their Contexts
- The Field of TESOL/ELT
- The EPG (The European Profiling Grid)
- Teaching Methodologies
- The Psychological Learning Environment
- R-PPP-R and Lesson Planning
- Student Levels CEFR (Common European
Framework of Reference for Languages) and GSE (Global Scale of English)
- Classroom Strategies
Theme 2: Language Awareness and Proficiency
- Language of Instruction
- Meta Language
- History of English
Theme 3: The Language Items and Language Skills
- How to Teach Pronunciation
- How to Teach Grammar
- How to Teach Vocabulary
- How to Teach Listening and Reading
- How to Teach Writing and Speaking
Theme 4: Planning, Assessment, and Resources
- Using Visuals and Technology
- Assessment Design
Theme 5: Professional Development
- Developing as a Language Teacher – TD FRAM
The successful candidate has completed 130 coursework hours consisting of all of the assignments, quizzes, projects, tasks, and final exam/presentation at a grade of 70% or higher as well as all 30 hours of practicum in order to receive this certificate at one of the following grades:
90%-100% Grade of A – Outstanding in all course modules and displayed superior class management and practical teaching skills.
80%-89% Grade of B – Excelled in all tasks and displayed sufficient class management and practical teaching skills.
70%-79% Grade of Pass – Satisfactory performance but would benefit from additional mentoring by an experienced instructor.
An Attendee certificate is issued to candidates who have unsatisfactorily met the criteria in any or all assessed components, but was present for the entire course.
- You can have a look at the course syllabus here
Teacher Training TEFL/TESOL Certification Course Prices
Course Duration: up to 17 weeks
35,050 CZK on sale now for 29,990 CZK
- CA Institute course fee
- Job placement assistance
- Finding permanent accommodation during the course
- Complete access to school facilities
Tuition DOES NOT Include:
- Course materials
- Accommodation and meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel to and from the course
- Visa, if needed (CA Institute cannot provide student visas)
- Airport pickup
- Medical Insurance (CA Institute can recommend medical insurance)
- Work permits, permanent residency and long term visas